The ML-8150A SHG green pulse laser welder is specially designed to weld copper and gold.
- For solder-less joining of semiconductor substrate
- SHG laser can weld copper wire directly onto a semiconductor substrate without using solder
- Combination of YAG fundamental laser and SHG laser realizes welding of thick copper plates; which is difficult to weld by a conventional way
- SHG laser is the best solution for welding copper and gold
- Air cooled, no additional heat exchanger is
- Real-time power feedback control feature for stable laser output
Copper and gold are materials with high reflectance so that those are known as hard-to-weld materials. Wavelength of SHG laser is 532nm which is a half of fundamental laser (1064nm) and that makes laser absorptance to copper and gold 4.5 to 20 times higher than fundamental laser. Even copper and gold does not reflect SHG laser.
SHG laser increases laser absorptancy of copper and gold which is the perfect solution for welding thin copper wires with PCB, welding of bus bars and more. This is also used for solder-less joining of semiconductor substrate as it can weld copper wire directly onto a semiconductor substrate without using solder.