Aerotech’s AirLift 115 series stages offer the ideal solution for applications that require very stringent Z direction positioning while maintaining extremely tight angular performance over full travel. Applications include semiconductor wafer inspection and testing, noncontact metrology, optical inspection systems and laser processing applications.
- Unique Z stage design incorporates fully preloaded air bearings
- Less than or equal to ±2 arc sec roll, pitch and yaw over full travel
- Submicron closed-loop positioning
|Stage model||Total Travel||Accuracy||Minimum Step||Maximum Speed||Maximum Acceleration||Additional information|
|AirLift115||Up to 150 mm||Up to ±1.0 µm||0.05 µm||50 mm/s||0.25 g||View source|
Aerotech’s AirLift 115 was designed to address the most significant limitation of conventional wedge-style vertical lift stages – angular performance. Although wedge-style Z stages provide a compact below-the-work-plane solution, they typically have limited pitch and roll stiffness that limits their angular performance. The AirLift 115’s unique air-bearing design provides superior angular performance over larger travels while utilizing an innovative drive mechanism that eliminates the need for counterbalance mechanisms.
The AirLift 115 directly addresses applications where:
- Tight angular performance is required over travel ranges that are too large for traditional wedge-style Z stages (e.g., 50 mm)
- An unobstructed view of the work plane is desired
- Footprint must be kept to a minimum
- A failsafe brake is required
Motors and Drives
Included with the AirLift 115 series stages are Aerotech’s BMS series brushless rotary motors. This motor has all of the advantages of a brushless motor – high acceleration, no brushes to wear and lower heating – yet has zero cogging for extremely smooth motion and accuracy. Aerotech manufactures a wide range of matching drives and controls to provide a fully integrated and optimized motion solution.